Home

Lights by Region

   Great Southern
   South West
   Metropolitan

      Rottnest
   Batavia

   Gascoyne
   Pilbara

   Kimberley

      Cape Bossut
      Entrance Pt
      Gantheaume Pt
      Imperieuse Reef
      Red Bluff
      East Is
      Cape Leveque
      Derby
      Black Rock
      Tanner Is
      Cafferelli Is
      Adele Is
      Degerando Is
      Browse Is
      Troughton
      Leseur Is
      Lacrosse Is
      Wyndham

   Northern Territory

.

Historical Photographic Collections

.

WA Timeline

.

Links & References

.

MV Cape Don

    Lighthouse Tender

    Crew at work

.

Lighthouse Holidays

   E/States of Australia

   Rest of the World

 

Adele Island

Admiralty Reference # 1640
1951 - present

Ralph Meakins Collection

Photo by Ralph Meakins

pre 1971

Photo by Lyndon O'Grady

2004

 

Source: Australian Hydrographic excerpt of Chart 732- 1991

Adele Island is north east of Cape Leveque at the entrance to King Sound

A bolted steel framework tower was built in 1951 It holds a white flashing light which was origijally acetylene powered with a lantern house and drum lens. The house and lens were replaced by a solar powered small self-contained rotating type beacon type FA 251 in 1985. A Racon beacon was established at the same time.

Heritage listing AHC Database 019841

 

More from the Ralph Meakins Collection