Home

Lights by Region

   Great Southern
   South West
   Metropolitan

      Rottnest
   Batavia

   Gascoyne
   Pilbara

      Onslow
      Bessieres Is
      Mary Anne Reef
      Airlie Is
      Great Sandy Is
      North Sandy Is
      Barrow Is
      Double Is (North)
      Trimouille Is
      North-West Is
      Rosemary Is
      Malus Is
      Legendre Is
      Point Samson
      Jarman Is
      Cooke Point
      Bedout Is
      Mt Blaze

   Kimberley
   Northern Territory

.

Historical Photographic Collections

.

WA Timeline

.

Links & References

.

MV Cape Don

    Lighthouse Tender

    Crew at work

.

Lighthouse Holidays

   E/States of Australia

   Rest of the World

 

 

North Sandy Island

Admiralty Reference # 1694
1913, 1980 - present

Ralph Meakins Collection

Photo by Ralph Meakins

 The original Light with 1580 candle power was made by Chance Bros of Birmingham in England. It was fuelled by dissolved acetylene. The tower was a braced open lattice steel tower in the design group of  a 'North-West Unattended Light'. The current tower is a stainless steel lattice tower with a NALI lantern house.

The current Tower is a stainless steel lattice tower with a NALI lantern house. The light was converted to solar power in 1987.

More from the Ralph Meakins Collection